Saturday, May 26, 2007

Living a "normal" life??

A house; access to good roads; working in a garden, weeding raspberry plants; playing with a dog on the grass; getting cold enough to wear a jacket; while traveling, the opportunity to take bathroom breaks at gas stations; phone and internet service in your house; doctors you can call, appointments you can make.

These are some of the things I've observed during my "break" here in Canada that has part of me longing for a "normal" North American life. But life is never "normal", no matter where you live, and I wouldn't be happy here for long if God's plan was for me to be overseas. So I'll enjoy these things while I'm here, and next week I'll be back in Cameroon and can enjoy a different set of "luxuries"!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah, I enjoy showers that don't require hanging a bucket on the wall, the lack of biting bugs, good roads, grocery stores, quality medical care, and being around people from my own culture. But, like you, I know that I will not be content in a comfortable place if God has called me elsewhere. Thanks for the reminder.

Laurie said...

I hope you had a decent trip home. I am in disbelief about the judge's decision. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Canada has not chosen you Queen. try again later? different judge? God's time is not our time? what can I say but I am sorry. You are already the member of the best kingdom though. :) Love you, Laurie