Monday, January 09, 2006

Stocking Up

The Christmas season has just ended, and we have had a terrific time with relatives and friends, and an over-abundance of food. In fact, I think I ate enough Christmas goodies to cover the years in Cameroon when we might be "deprived" of all this sugar and cream and chocolate stuff.

But I don't think there is ever a way to "stock up" on time with friends and relatives to cover that time away. For me, that is truly the one negative about spending time overseas. Some people might be surprised that I would say that, as on the surface I might not seem to care, but I do. And I think that is ok - after all, isn't life, isn't God, all about relationships? Shouldn't that be the core of our existence? (Yes, I think I've been in Africa "too long" - long enough to realize that the overworked, hectic American lifestyle that so many people lead is worthless).

So this is for my relatives and friends - thanks for so much, and I miss you already!

No comments: